Re: [IRCA] 1737 PNG KUT

I recall searching the FCC files just as the expanded band was opening
up and finding a large number of low power beacons licensed to oil
production companies in the Gulf between 1600 and 1700 kHz. There were
also some high power licenses to power companies in this band - mostly
in FL. I suspected that these might be power line subcarrier control
circuits. Maybe these activities were moved up above 1700 kHz to make
way for the expanded band.

Patrick Griffith, CBT CBNT CRO
Westminster CO
http://community.webtv.net/AM-DXer/