[IRCA] Inexpensive Radios...how low can you go?

[IRCA] Inexpensive Radios...how low can you go?

I was shopping this weekend for an inexpensive set of iPod headphones at X-cess Cargo, a store selling remnants/overstock items.  Got the headphones (for $3.99), but what caught my eye was one of those auto tune radios.  I think they're just FM, although I did not look close enough.  What caught my eye, though, was the price:

$0.44 Canadian!!!  Which essentially is on par with the greenback at the moment (actually about $1.01 US).  With tax, I could have taken one of these puppies home for $0.49  .   Included were ear buds.  No AA cells, though.  I'm pretty sure that I once bought one of these in Paris for the equivalent of $20.  My question is, has anyone found a new radio for any cheaper than $0.44 (or $0.49)?  Amazing!  I didn't buy one, by the way!  .......Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC