[IRCA] KCMO Outages

710 KCMO OFF-AIR TWICE IN TWO DAYS

     It has been a bad two days at KCMO-710AM as the Cumulus Media station
has been knocked off the air twice.  On Thursday morning a power problem
took the Chris Stigall morning talk show off the air for an hour and 20
minutes.

     Then early Friday morning storms that had been blasting the the Kansas
City area for several hours (Stigall lost his front porch at his home during
the storm) knocked KCMO's radio signal out of commission from about 2:30
a.m. to 10 a.m.

      Although Stigall's show was off the radio he went ahead and did
on-line streaming of the show.  "It was a not a conventional broadcast to be
sure," said Stigall, adding, "We received calls from Norway, Canada, and
many local folks also listened in, won contests and sounded off.

     "I called it the most expensive online radio show in the country."

05-02-2008