[IRCA] IBOC report

>From today's "Inside Radio"...
-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Awareness still low for HD Radio.
An annual survey by Edison Media Research and Arbitron finds 24% of
people have heard of HD Radio, compared to 26% a year ago. The study
also finds 41% aren't at all interested in buying an HD Radio. Edison VP
Tom Webster says "The success of HD Radio is by no means guaranteed."

24% this year, 26% last year?  41% uninterested in buying into this?  It looks like we've seen the peak of IBOC and it's in the falloff mode.  Was it 2006 that someone said was the make or break year?  I think more stations are shutting it off than turning it on, at least around here.

It would be very nice if the big interference vendors such as WBZ and WTIC would see the handwriting on the wall and shut it off before it causes any more damage.

1070 has been polluted ugly by the 1080 IBOC.

Speaking of 1070, the Vermont station was noted at 5:50am this morning with an ad for Chittendon and others.  Advertising during experimental hour operations is prohibited.  Eve 1070 ID heard, non-political talk radio content noted.  CHOK under.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI