From: irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Patrick Martin
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2008 12:49 PM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club ofAmerica
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Call letter change

Yes, I have the old WIL QSL'd with a nice card from the 80s, before the
last switch. So if they keep the WIL-FM calls, then they can move them
back to the AM down the road if needed.  It would be interesting to know
what FMers still have the old 3-call signs that still own AMs. I wonder
how many could get their old 3 calls back? I don't think the FCC is
giving out 3 call signs any longer, but I guess a few years back KHJ got
theirs back.
   After KOL & KMO  tried to get theirs back without any luck, they went
to KKOL and KKMO.  KGY. KPQ, KIT, KUJ, and KGA in WA still have theirs
as well as KXL and KEX in OR. I remember back in the 80s when the FCC
allowed stations to apply for their old 3-call and 1400-CA  (now KVTO)
got theirs back as KRE. They kept them for a few months, and out the
door they went again. At least I managed to QSL them under KRE. They had
changed to KPAT long before I started DXing.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KGED QSL Manager