[IRCA] Iowa HAR TIS hrd on 1670 from IL..BOGs fixed up

[IRCA] Iowa HAR TIS hrd on 1670 from IL..BOGs fixed up

Sunday eve I did some repair work on my westerly Phased BOG System and then tuned around for a few hours. With roughly 600 ft // 425 ft directivity is awesome especially on the high end of the band. They aim about 273 deg. I have some termination work to do, but that will wait until I can walk painlessly again (bad bad foot issues here)

As an example I am about 45 miles NNW of WVON on 1690 and they basically a non factor at night. Toronto's Greek is dominant off the back end (they get out very well it seems) and when I phase null them Denver's Disney is quite decent. Iowans completely crushing regionals like 1460 and 1350. KCHA and KNIM mixing on 1580 with little trace of CKDO, 1570 from SD "The Ticket" quite decent with sports. In short real good directivity to the west.

Anyhow, I was tuning in the X-band and as I passed 1670 noted weak EE talk under WTDY and mixing with weak SS from WVVM. I heard a couple ments of Highway Advisory Radio ... Iowa Dept of Trans. and presume it must be Des Moines as that's all I can find listed and here's a link to an IA HAR map http://www.dot.state.ia.us/research/State%20HAR%20Map.htm from their DOT.

The FCC TIS search has changed and even when I select all services, there are many known local TIS's not listed.

I find it extremely rare to ever hear 10 w TIS via skip now that there are a few X-banders on each channel.

Also of note from Sunday eve was decent copy of KOMO 1000 from 9:06 to 9:11 with lots of local news and finally an ID and 7:11 TC. This is surprisingly easy prior to sunset switch time and was had some QRM from an SSer in the phase null of local WMVP.

73 KAZ Barrington IL R8A Phased BOG System