[IRCA] Algeria to Indiana on an Ultralight

[IRCA] Algeria to Indiana on an Ultralight

Okay, I may be embellishing just a little BUT on Wednesday night 3-12,
just after 2200 EDT (IIRC), I had the strongest het that I have ever
heard beating up WLS on 890.  I'm 100 percent sure that it was the
monster Algerian station on 891.  I have heard these hets on 890 for 20
or so years but with only entry level and mid-level radios and mostly
non directional antennas, I have never gotten any audio on any TA's but
that het the other night was "spooky loud."  On the beam to Algeria, my
landlocked location is probably at least 600 miles from the coast.  I
have heard carriers in the past on my old RS DX-400 (switched to SSB
mode to isolate it) from (presumed) 1134 Croatia and the old 1314
Norwegian but never any audio.

RX: SRF-59

73
Dave Hascall