[IRCA] WNTP test heard in Indianapolis on ULR

[IRCA] WNTP test heard in Indianapolis on ULR

I had to be up at "Oh dark thirty" so I hadn't plan on staying up for
the WNTP DX test but I briefly awoke at 0045 EDT and picked up one of my
ULR's that is always bedside and before my wife could say "what are you
doing?", I had the sweep tones from WNTP-990 PA in at a decent level.
No CBW but presumed Knoxville TN under w/Sports.

I had heard WNTP two (?) years ago when they were on a 5 KW (?) ND
backup rig.  Thanks to Rene for running this test.  It is nice to have a
DX'er who thinks of other DX'ers.  There are several out there.  Thanks
also to Jim and JD and the rest of the DX Test crew.

This test was heard on one of my "pseudo ULR's" a cassette unit, Sony
WM-FX421, a digital unit.  The radio still had 1000 KHz set as the #3
factory preset, so I just had to hit that preset and tuned down, handy
in the dark.

990 WNTP PA Philadelphia 3-15 0045 G signal w/assorted Sweep Tones.
Sports under must have been Knoxville TN.  Relog.  Thanks to Jim Pogue
and Rene Tetrow. DH-IN

Dave Hascall
Indianapolis, IN

Time EDT