Re: [IRCA] ULTRALIGHT DXING

1) Is there a Sony website where I can look at the  Sony SRF M37V and
 Sony SRF –T615 JE.?
 2) What are the key differences between the two models?
 3) What are the prices?

Barry,

Take a look at the UL sections of www.dxer.ca for comparisions and info.
Key differences:  37 lacks the sensitivity and selectivity of the 615.  37
can be improved by replacing the IF filter.  Cost for the 37 is about $30 at
SonyStyles or Walmart.  Cost of the 615 is $110 delivered by a Japanese
vendor, Audio Cubes or $120 by ebay vendor, Joycafenet.  The latter is much
quicker on delivery.  The 615 is the ultimate in digital stock Ultralights,
imoh.  However, at $50 delivered from Amazon, the Sangean DT200VX, is close
in quality to the 615 albeit a little larger in size.  It is not quite as
sensitive, but is more selective than the stock 615.  It has 19 memories
compared to 7 memories of the 615.  It's biggest sell to me is the back
light feature of the 200VX which is lacking on the 37 and 615. Both 615 and
200vx have auto turnoff so if you fall asleep, it shuts off after a
programmable period of time.  These are all great little radios for DXing.
If you live in an area with powerful locals, don't get the 37 unless you
plan on changing out the filter.  I would get the 200VX before I'd pay for
the 37 and filter.  It will be close in costs and the 200VX has an internal
speaker (as does the 615) but not the 37.  I have all three of  the radios
and these remarks are based on my experience with all three.
73 Gil