Re: [IRCA] max groundwave propagation distance

Re: [IRCA] max groundwave propagation distance

--
Don,

By the time I moved to Vacaville the onion fields were gone and the company
that processed the onions moved to the Central valley. But I remember the onion smell
while driving through Vacaville on the way to Lake Tahoe in the 70's to mid 80's.
Also the Milk Farm restaurant in Dixon was a landmark along with the Nut Tree in
Vacaville.

Yes it was amazing how KAFY 550 Bakersfield got out.  KAFY could be heard
 from my parents home in San Pablo during daylight hours with their 1 kw.
Bakersfield reminds me of the Country Singer Buck Owens.  Buck can up with
the idea to record  his songs in a way that they would sound better than other
artist recordings when played over a AM radio with the standard small speakers.

Using the NRC 4' Box loop I could pull in KFI 640 from Albany, CA during the
day.  I would have to place the loop next to the front window and aimed it the
Sather Tower on the UC Berkeley campus.  Poor reception most days.
Radio back then was the Hammarlund HQ-180 purchased from Henry
Radio in Los Angeles.

Dennis,
Salmon Creek, WA

Dennis,