Re: [IRCA] CKBD-600 and CBU-690 both Vancouver BC apply to move to FM

Re: [IRCA] CKBD-600 and CBU-690 both Vancouver BC apply to move to FM

Patrick,

     It's funny you should mention "the Ocean" (98.5 in  Victoria).  For some
strange reason, that station has a fantastic signal  here, and was even
easily received barefoot by the Sangean DT-200VX during the  "Ultralight Radio
AM-DX Shootout" recently. In fact, all of the little radios  could get it here, in
Puyallup, WA

     There's probably nobody in IRCA more fanatic about  FM-DX as me, so I'm
pretty confident of getting CKBD-FM, hi.  I have built  2-element and
4-element FM quad antennas using my ham radio experience, and when  mounted on the 40'
tower, these can make Portland, Vancouver and Victoria come  in just like
locals. Portland can be dicey sometimes depending on propagation,  but B.C. is
usually a piece of cake, hi.  So CKBD is not really going away  for me, just
shifting to FM-stereo.

                                       73,  Gary