Re: [IRCA] I'm baack

The tsunami warning system is in place on the coast. There are a series
of sirens that will go off and information on going to higher ground. It
has been used many times in the past. at times there are practice drills
too. Where I live is out the tsanami zone a bit. If the wave was high
enough, it could maybe reach me, but there is a mile of land between me
and the surf and it would have to go up over a lot of hilly area to
reach me. As you drive a few miles North of South you do enter the
tsanami zone though.  KAST is the  EAS station in the county and has a
generator. But unfortunately if a tsanami hit, KAST would be gone being
right on the shore. The studios are moving to a  safer spot in Warrenton
in the next year or two though.

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager