Re: [IRCA] OT: Bernie Ward KGO-810 indicted

Re: [IRCA] OT: Bernie Ward KGO-810 indicted

Rob,
An article in the San Francisco Chronicle quotes Ward's attorney as saying
his client downloaded and sent out "a few' images in a chat room in 2004 as
part of research involving a book on the Internet. The Feds seized his
computer in 2005 and found no porn on it. He was released yesterday on
$250,000  bail.
The indictment is under seal, so the government is releasing no information
on the charges, thus we only have one side of the story. The lawyer says
they've been trying to convince the government for two years that this was a
mistake, not a pattern of behavior.
It's a sad situation, no matter who's right. Bernie Ward has been known for
years for his humanitarian and charity work, and I tend to believe his side,
if only because his schedule probably didn't permit time for much else.
But if you disobey the law, you disobey it, regardless of intent. And
whatever his intent, he's undoubtedly in the biggest jam of his life. And
his reputation will suffer, even if he's exonerated.
--
Rick