Re: [IRCA] UPS

 "A regular 12v power supply does just as well.  Most put out a nominal
13.8v just as a vehicle alternator does.  The non-switcher ham type power
supplies are made to be quiet for radio use."

Most of the time, the non-switcher or linear type is important or you might
hear harmonics from the unit on MW.  The switching types need a minimum load
to be quiet on the MW band.  A phaser was not enough load for a Samlex 1223.

 I tried to use a Samlex 1223 25 amp unit to power my phaser and the noise
it made rendered it useless on the phaser.  I was hearing birdies every 10
khz.  I used a 3 amp RatShak switching unit and it was quiet as the
load from the phaser was closer to the switcher's minimun load
requirement and it didn't switch on and off creating harmonics.  The little
ratshak unit is very handy in size and utility.
Gil