Re: [IRCA] DX Test season is off and running!

Re: [IRCA] DX Test season is off and running!

> In spite of less than ideal conditions, it looks like Sunday morning's
> WIRL
> DX Test was quite successful. Initial reports indicate it was heard in
> Texas, Pennsylvania, Oregon, Wisconsin and Tennessee. More details will
> follow as I continue to hear from other folks around the continent.

I didn't try for the WIRL-1290 test as they're not needed.  I QSLed WIRL in
1981, during regular broadcast hours (possibly on sunset skip).  More often
than not with DX tests, they're stations I've logged and veried in the
Carter administration or Reagan's first term, or if I do need them they're
virtually impossible for me, being on frequencies killed by local pests, or
first-adjacents to local blowtorches.  Nonetheless, thanks to all for
arranging the WIRL test and running it as scheduled.

73

Mike Brooker
Toronto, ON