Re: [IRCA] DX Test season is off and running!

Re: [IRCA] DX Test season is off and running!

> In spite of less than ideal conditions, it looks
> like Sunday morning's WIRL
> DX Test was quite successful. Initial reports
> indicate it was heard in
> Texas, Pennsylvania, Oregon, Wisconsin and
> Tennessee. More details will
> follow as I continue to hear from other folks around
> the continent.

Even though I had a much stronger signal from WHIO in
Dayton, Ohio to deal with, hearing WIRL including
voice IDs was no problem from here, even before the
test began. I did manage to get a partial Morse Code
on tape followed by a minute of Gordon Lightfoot's "If
you could read my mind" and then realized that this
was Coast to Coast. As soon as their music was
finished, I was able to get good copy on WIRL's next
two songs.

My gratitude goes out to Wayne Miller, Chief Engineer
and Jim Pogue, Broadcast Test Coordinator for offering
this test. In really enjoyed WIRL's website as well at
http://www.1290wirl.com/

73 de Joe Miller, Troy, MI