Re: [IRCA] TPs Oct 18: Another Good CC Morning

John H. Bryant wrote:
> This morning, I was up almost three hours before dawn and the CCs
> were already rolling in. Over all, they were not up to the
> levels/quality of the past few mornings.  Things above 1000 seemed
> somewhat down, especially.  That being said, it was still pretty
> wonderful.  The UNID CC on 837 was in well and I got a decent
> recording at TOH, so there is a good chance of solving that mystery
> soon.
I had bits and pieces of 837 China this morning, too.  Nothing IDable.
I'm still hoping to find something in the QCI files that says who it is.
>  I also had CC for the first time ever on 720, but could not
> find a // before it faded.  I think that it was CNR2, which has
> multiple tx here.

I heard CNR2 there during the QCI trip.  This this was just before 1400
one morning while they were finishing up their English program (lessons?)
> Like most of us, I've continued to watch 1053 and I think that I
> heard Radio Veritas in the Philippines..... I could send a tentative
> report, but I think that I'll keep trying, as I only had about a
> minute of good talk plus some music... no ID.
>
> The Chinese on 774 and 828 were almost totally dominant over the JJs
> and CNR1 was in again, tho' weakly on 540.
I've checked 774 the past three mornings and it's all JOUB whenever I
check.  You must be in the right spot for China.
>  The other mystery was
> fairly late beneath 1530, KFBK.  A guy in an Asian language was
> wildly haranguing a crowd. He was so emotional, so wound up and
> talking so fast that I had no chance to ID the language. I'm sure
> that it wasn't JJ... other than that.....

I've heard a Filippino dominating 1530, both at Grayland and QCI.  The
only one listed is 25kw DZME.  I seem to recall some rather fervent
religious monologues around 1400, so that would be my first guess at
what you heard.
> Just as I hit 1230, a female announcer gave a full ID and slogan for the
> station in Sitka, in Alaska's Panhandle! They the started a song and
> I got about half of that before things dropped back into the
> furball....  The first letter of the call happened immediately as I
> tuned to the frequency!  Wow.  Sitka is fairly close, but there are
> 11 local stations in Washington and Oregon and three over the border
> in BC and western Alberta that are all in that mix, too. Pure blind
> luck, but I'll count that one as HEARD!

Congratulations!  I've never heard KIFW at home, though it's become a
semi-regular at Grayland.  It's amazing how things like that can happen.