[IRCA] TPs October 16: Another Good One:

[IRCA] TPs October 16: Another Good One:

It was another excellent Chinese morning.  I'm beginning to think
that we are past the peak of the Japanese season here on the Left
Coast and getting to the month that China seems to dominate. I've
noticed the past couple of years that the Japanese seem to come in
best in September and the Chinese tend to be better in late October
and the first half of November.  It is a kind of subtle effect, since
we hear Chinese in September and Japanese in October/Nov, but I think
that the trend has been there for the past several years, at least.

This morning, both 774 and 828 were dominated by the Chinese stations
for most of the morning... though one could still hear the JJs a bit,
much of the time.  All the JJs seemed more than a bit down today.

837 is becoming a bit of a campaign for me.... Yesterday, CNR1 was
there alone.  This morning, it was a CC, but not running CNR1
programming. Gonna have to watch this more closely.  I had the two
CNR1 transmitters on 540 again, but not as well as yesterday.  Also,
1008 was a mixture of (I think) Cantonese/Taiwanese and (for sure)
standard dialect.  I didn't get an ID, but this sure sounds like the
other Radio Taiwan International station that I've heard previously.
1593 was in CC and was CNR1.  I'd been hoping for the Chinese
transmitter in Urumchi that runs central Asian programming.

1323 had the CRI Russian programming and I was hearing an echo, so
one of those may have been from Central Asia.

I didn't neglect Alaska, either.... Managed an ID and into NPR News
from 870 KSKO, McGrath, fighting it out, neck and neck with
co-channel Smithers, northern BC.

So, a pretty wonderful morning, really.... I'm still living in the
glow of yesterday morning when 639 China was splattering badly needed
640 KYUK, Bethel in far western Alaska. LIFE IS GOOD!!!

John B.