Re: [IRCA] Stopping bad Radio

>I ask for comments, additions, and/or corrections to this list.  I intend
> post it on my web site.
>

> Craig Healy
>
> Providence, RI
>
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-
>

> Reasons why HD Radio is bad for radio, and AM specifically.

Two more that come to mind:

* The audio delay makes it useless for live sports play-by-plays,
particularly if you're listening to the radio commentary at the ball park,
stadium or arena.  WCBS shut off their IBOC while broadcasting the Yankees
games.

* Since the vast majority of AM stations are spoken-word (news, talk,
sports, religion) and play virtually no music, what is the point of alleged
"CD quality" audio?  At least AM stereo made a little bit of sense back in
the heyday of WLS, WABC and the other Top 40 AM blowtorches.

73

Mike Brooker
Toronto, ON
(they can have my RF-2200 when they pry my cold dead hands from the Gyro
antenna!)