[IRCA] Alas, HD I knew ye when...

> One engineer told me that KGO is running about 5 khz of bandwidth now in
> analog. Last night it sounded horrible.

It varies night by night and what you are seeing
might be the various "engineering departments" at
various radio stations trying to make it "work"

Some nights EZ Rock on 800 from Penticton B.C.
is totally in  the clear - some nights it is
buried in hash that is actually louder than KGO
if that is possible.

The CE and owner of EZ Rock have been in touch with
me to provide various MP3 sound samples of 800 AM
under various stages of "attack" -- all very interesting.

Canadian broadcasters are taking notice.

And please fellow (particular) list readers: This is just an observation.
I do not need a follow-up shakespearean dissertation on
the folly of the IBOCosphere and its tragic cadence toward doom whose depths are untold.
A simple thank-you will suffice!

"[Thou art] a most notable coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality."
 -- from the Shakespeare insult-o-web -- http://www.pangloss.com/seidel/Shaker/
--
Colin Newell - Editor/Creator
www.coffeecrew.com | www.dxer.ca