Re: [IRCA] Stopping HD Radio

I agree with some of what you're saying, Craig. I have
lost several rare and unusual loggings due to the IBOC
hiss, and I don't like it either. One word of caution
that I would recommend when writing to the FCC, the
offending station, or the affected station, is not to
rely only on written descriptions of how awful the
IBOC hiss sounds or it affects your ability to listen
to your favorite radio station, but to try to get some
scientific data to support your letters.

If a listener were to report hearing the IBOC hiss
being generrated from KDKA (for example), use a
spectrum analyzer and center it on 1020 kHz and you
will be able to see the IBOC hiss signal strength and
frequency patterns in cold hard numbers.

Granted, a spectrum analyzer is not a piece of
equipment found in most ham shacks, but with a little
networking, I would think most of us could find
someone who has one, and would be willing to help us
DXers on this issue.

Just some fuel for thought, guys.

LXXIII de Joe