Re: [IRCA] HD Radio - WGN response

Colin,

There is a difference with stations going 24 hours and plus more of
them. They were serving the public and they did not cause harmfull
interference as HD Radio does. Sure there was more QRM, but DXing
through QRM of other stations can be done a lot easier. If IBOC survives
and there are hundreds of these across the country, there will be very
little use for the MW Band in most places.  At least within the 48
states, Southern Canada, and Northern Mexico. There is just so much
phasing and nulling that can be done. Once we get digital hash on both
sides, it will be very hard to get rid of it. Our only salvation is that
IBOC will not survive. Otherwise, the e mail from WGN will be totally
correct. There will be no way to listen to WGN or any distant station.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager