Re: [IRCA] HD Radio - WGN response

KAZ,

Right you are. I could understand if IBOC, HD, etc was an improvement.
It isn't. If you go back to the 60s and heard  good wide band radios,
stations like KEX had beautiful frequency responce. It sounded Hi Fi. If
AM Stereo would have made it, you would have fantastic audio on AM
without messing up the dial. That I can understand, but IBOC.??? The
coverage is bad as you mentionbed. KEX does not cover Portland very well
with their IBOC. If AM Stereo never made it, why do the powers that be
think IBOC will? Mandating it or not. No one is forcing anymore to buy
the IBOC radios, so with people I have talked to (non DXers), if the AM
band becomes a sea of racket, then they will no longer tune in AM
stations. IBOC will kill AM radio. No doubt about it in my mind. AS far
as listening on the internet, KGO have a lot of listeners worlwide.
Maybe they were looking at the future?

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager