Re: [IRCA] Cheater term and the FCC

Unfortunately gents, in most cases, and I am not referring to HSFB or an
occasional other local sports event, many stations continue to operate with
day rig at night, or in some cases simply don't bother to sign off at all,
including some of those with no night time authorizations.

I could make you a list of those many stations heard over the years an
operating illegally night after night and sometimes for years. However,
tomorrow is a work day and I really don't have time to type them all up.

I can look the other way for HSFB, and certainly forgive an honest mistake,
but when a station like KHPP 1160 Iowa which I have never noted to use night
power since switching to 1160 from 1140 where they were very often on at
night as KNEI on day power and I believe with NO night authorization is this
blatant, well..if not cheating what do you call it ?

What about KWYR 1260 from SD ? They basically used day power at night for
about 6 years straight ! Finally a couple months after my email to the
Denver FCC office, the problem stopped.  If not cheating, then what is this
?

And believe me when I catch KWYR via sunset skip on 5 kW they should drop
greatly in level (as they do now) when switching to 146 watt night power,
and they never dropped at all. Ditto for KHPP now, and I could go on and on.

Remember WEBS 1030 in GA, well a couple mails to WBZ solved the problem with
them a few years ago as WBZ took care of it with a couple of phone calls.

However we probably should not call a station a cheater the first time we
are certain (and please be certain) it is operating at night in a manner
that it shouldn't be, since it may just be an unintended error. But night
after night all season long ?..you be the judge or jury on that.

I could go on and on and on ... 73 KAZ