Re: [IRCA] Weather and other emergencies

Re: [IRCA] Weather and other emergencies

The entire central coast area is affected by the San Andreas Fault, which runs one range of hills away for the entire length of the area you're talking about.  Parkfield (the most active and most documented earthquake location in the US is about midway between SF and LA.  A few years ago, Paso Robles had a big earthquake.  Further south towards Santa Barbara doesn't have many, but when they do, they're pretty good size.

  Redding (northern edge of Central Valley) has extreme heat in the summer.  When its hot in the valley, Redding is always *THE* hottest location.  The winter is nicer to Redding than the rest of the valley though, as they don't have a lot of fog problems.  If they do, it wil be ice fog.

  Mike

Russ Edmunds <wb2bjh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

--- Michael Hawkins wrote:

> Russ,
>
> I'd still like to know where that prime real estate is that's not
> earthquake-prone. The only place I can think of with any chance of
> fitting that description is Orange County, but that's a place I am
> more than happy to avoid.

No way it's in Orange County !

Think Central Coast, from somewhat below SF down to about Santa
Barbara.

Actually, the Northern part of the Central Valley isn't bad either,
just doesn't fit into the 'prime real estate' category.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id