Re: [IRCA] Cheater term and the FCC - reposting of comments

Re: [IRCA] Cheater term and the FCC - reposting of comments

> I didn't see a reference to a specific list, so maybe hard-core-dx is
the list he's referring to, and maybe not.  It is a broadcasting list,
but without specifics its hard to tell.

>   Mike

> Bob Foxworth <rfoxwor1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> This implies either (1) that the DXer posting to a DX list has another
> DXer
> re-posting that material to a "broadcasting list" - or - (2) that a
> reader of
> a "broadcasting list" (there is Broadcast, RT and the AF that I know
of)
> is reading the DX list and importing comments from the DX list onto
> the broadcasting list.

My personal opinion is that HCDX is a DXer list, in the same category
as NRC and IRCA. A broadcasting list, in the way I see it, is for
those who work in the b/c industry, but a number of DXers read some
of them.

A recent development on one of the b/c lists was postings from a fellow
who went to Honduras, volunteering to help get a 1 kw AM box
(that used to be at WDWS on 1400) set up in a village, and re-tuned to
1580, and was seeking help. As it turned out the dummy load and
directional coupler were not working right. He finally got the rig up
to 1 kw on 1580. It was quite an interesting story. But it's not DX.

- Bob