Re: [IRCA] KGO Analog only

> > In the particular case of KGO, where Marty's been noting the IBOC going
> > on and off at different dayparts, I think the reason may be a different
> > one - the 8-second delay. It wouldn't surprise me if someone out in the
> > field - traffic reporters? news reporters? - is still listening to KGO
> > over the air to get their cues to go live on the air.

> I find this to be interesting. This indicates that IBOC may not work
> logistically.

WBZ-1030 had their IBOC signal out of sync with the analog for a long time.
When it switched back and forth it was unlistenable.  They didn't delay the
analog to sync with the digital until they had a separate feed available for
the traffic and news people.

I'm sure the one or two people who were listening to WBZ-HD found that
disconcerting.

Craig Healy, CRRT
Providence, RI