Re: [IRCA] Cheater term and the FCC

Good discussion.

I think the "glitches" that happen and only last a night or two are kind of
fun - mini-DX tests really.  As long as the station figures it out (or reads
it here) and corrects the problem, no foul.  I'm not perfect either (no
matter what everyone says, LOL).  These short-term accidents will never come
close to matching the interference that IBOC will produce night after night.

I try to save the "C" word for stations that are brazen about it, like KILE
Bellaire, TX (Houston suburb).  When I was in Houston for a week in 2004,
they were selling brokered programs at least 4 hours after sunset each night
(no accident there!) and leaving their carrier on all night to boot.  It's
disappointing that they were recently rewarded with a CP for legitimate
night operation.

I personally like the HS FB "rule" - it's one of the few times we get to
hear programming that actually serves the community.  Talk radio and snake
oil salesmen don't meet that description.

73, Tim