[IRCA] IBOC on Saturday night

Some obervations on the E1 with 8" Quantum loop:

  640-680 were OK; 690 hiss; 700-740 were mostly OK; 750 WSB S-9+40 readable but unlistenable through hiss; 760 WJR S-9+50 w/hiss; 770 WABC s-9+40 with loud hiss;
  780 WBBM S-9+50 w/hiss; 830 WCCO, when I turned the antenna to null WCCO down to S-9+45, hiss from WHAS; 880 WCBS S-9+45 thru loud hiss; WHO-1040 hiss wiping out N-S reception on 1030, which has a station 18 miles from me. Hiss on 1100, 1110 & 1120.

  No skywave stations would decode, Is this because of adjacent channel hiss? The Quantum loop has something like a 40dB amplifier, but that wasn't the hiss I heard.

  So, did all 50kw stations agree to give up their 750 mi skywave protection so that they could be hissed upon in secondary if not primary groundwave area? 73, George S., MN