[IRCA] Sat 9/15 dx report

I awoke at 1320 UTC but decided sleep was more important, having been
somewhat discouraged by the IBOC findings of a few hours earlier.

Listened shortly after midnight PDT and found only three locals using
IBOC.
810-KGO, 910-KNEW & 1050-KTCT.....960-KQKE was not using IBOC last
night.  Also noted with IBOC were 1190-KEX & 1530-KFBK.  Someone on
1070/1090 with IBOC causing a nasty hiss-Pat's freight train noise under
Portland/Santa Cruz.  KNX?

The 3 local stations with IBOC totally destroy adjacent frequencies.
Absolutely no help in hearing anything on adjacents.  When KQKE-960
starts, along with KWRU-940 (couldn't really tell if they were on with
IBOC or not as KAHI-950 was in fairly well.  930 was really squeezed
thanks to KNEW-910 but still some signals could be heard.  KTCT-1050
very nasty.  No more 1040-1060...1070 KNX hurt as well.  KFBK-1530 not
as bad as both 1520 & 1540 could be heard but certainly not with clear
signals.  Don't think KLOK-1170 was on IBOC.  If KSTE-650 was using IBOC
it's 1 kw signal didn't make much difference here, 90 miles away as KFI
& KTNN were in well, altho in truth KFI had noise behind it.

All in all, not very promising if more & more stations begin turning on
IBOC.

Oh, to you KGO listeners up north (and south).....Here in S.F. their
signal is clear as a bell and (unfortunately) that is probably all that
really counts to them.  From what I'm told advertisers aren't that
interested in distant listeners.  You guys must be die hard liberals to
listen to these guys on KGO.  The only one I can handle is John
Rothman.  On the other hand I caught a bit of Michael Savage last night
on KOAL-750 blaming all the worlds troubles (including, probably, the
extinction of Neanderthal Man) on the liberals.  Maybe if IBOC kills AM
radio it would be doing everyone a big favor.  end of rant.............

Don Kaskey
S.F. CA