Re: [IRCA] 2nd night HD and new source for QSLs

Re: [IRCA] 2nd night HD and new source for QSLs

I found that the IBOC signal fades just as the analog signals will. Perhaps
we should try and get the stations to QSL their HD siganls. Patrick, there
you have a new source for QSLs!!

One very good thing to report is that my home station must not be running
IBOC at this time. WBAP-820 is clear from any hash. WWL-870 is also clear.

Here in southeastern Tennessee, I have completely lost all reception from
1090 to 1220.
WTAM-1100 and KMOX-1120 is killing my semi-local WBT-1110. KMOX-1120 is
totally covering KWKH-1130.

There is hash on top of WRVA-1140 from some one on 1130 and WRVA hash is
killing my local WGOW-1150. WOWO-1190 is killing 1180 and 1200/ WPHT-1210 is
killing 1200 and 1220-- and so it goes.

On the low end of the band, my local WSB-750 is trashed by WJR-760 and WSB
IBOC is killing 740 and chance of hereing CHWO. WABC-770 is trashing 760 and
780 and WBBM is killing WABC-770 and any chance of hereing anything on 790.

And at 0045 EWT, the Cubans have taken over the top of the dial from 550 to
630. Have Cuban on each freq.

>From reading other reports about HD radio and how these persons thing it
sounds better, I can not agree. What little I can dig out of the hash, it
sounds all the same to me.

Please do not misunderstand. I am not against IBOC. They just need to find a
place for it that it doesn't harm the small broadcaster and my locals. The
Cleveland, TN locals are not audible to night and they are less than 20
miles away.

73's
Willis