Re: [IRCA] First impressions of 24h IBOC

Re: [IRCA] First impressions of 24h IBOC

Glenn,

Here on the West Coast I checked 1160-KSL and 850-KOA at Midnight MDT
and nothing unusual there. CX to the East are good tonight off the
Eastern beverage and I do note some very slight HD hash on 710 u/KIRO,
presumed from WLW and on 730 from presumed WGN, but nothing much. At
first I thought that DXers overseas would be getting a lot of HD hash,
but I have an idea with the signal weaker that the HD hash may not be a
big deal as I can easily hear WGN and WBBM and yet not enough hash to
cause any trouble at this distance. It will be interesting to check at
Midnight PDT. It is possible that stations with turn the HD on at 6 AM
and just leave it on too. It will be interesting to see which ones stay
on when they go directional at LSS too. But here no big deal so far.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager