[IRCA] ANNUAL CAR RADIO QUERY

I know we go through this annually but things change as new radios
come out. I am in the market for a "new" pre-owned (aka "used") car
so would appreciate your sharing your experiences:

A. What "old" car radios have been the best for DXing for you? I
wouldn't buy a car specifically for the radio but as long as I am
looking around, I  might as well make this a consideration.
B. Regardless of the car, what reasonably functional car radio would
you (or did you) go out of your way to buy?

In all cases, I don't care about CD or cassette capability since I
use cassette and CD players in conjunction with a little FM stereo
transmitter for this.

Currently I am driving a 92 Buick Park Avenue which is average but
which is dreadful when it comes to overload near transmitters. I test
drove a 99 Buick last week; it was absolutely deathly.

Thanks. If response is sufficient, I will keep a file on it for next
year when someone else asks the same question.

Pete Taylor
Tacoma, WA
12225w 4719n
ICF2010 + Kiwa air core loop