[IRCA] Directivity of beverage

After replacing the plastic matching transformer box with a metal one, I
do notice the directivity of the Eastern beverage is better. Signals
often 60-90 degrees off are weaker than they were before. I now notice
something behind KNBR-680 and cx do not seem all that great at the
moment. My strongest signal off the Eastern beverage is KGA-1510-Spokane
at S9+55 DB. KAST is only S(+35 DB tonight, KGA is 20 DB stronger. Many
stations fairly inline with the beverage are super in signal like
KONA-610 at S9+40-45.  I like the increased directivity, but I don't
care for the added signal. hi.
   With the new matching transformer box I made today, I wrapped it in
foil and then wrapped plastic tape around it. It is well sealed now so
no moisture can get in. I decided to pull the first matching transformer
and use the new one to see if there is any difference between the two.
Since the wraps on the torrid are the same, the signal levels are pretty
much the same. Now to make one more for the WNW EWE. I can install the
SW & WNW EWE ones when I get back from SLC.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager