Re: [IRCA] WJVC 1290 AM Jacksonville NC

Having worked at two radio stations in my life, I can understand how board operators tend to "forget" to flip certain switches at certain times!

Whatever the semantics, I'm just glad I got me station #570 for me log!  :D

---John Cereghin
Smyrna DE

Charles A Taylor <MWDXer@xxxxxxx> wrote: At 07:02 PM 8/16/2007 -0700, you wrote:
>Hearing WJVC, 1290 from Jacksonville NC at 2200 EDT with continuous
>Southern Gospel music, ID at TOH.  Listed nighttime power of 40 watts but
>very good signal.  Cheating?
>John Cereghin  KB3LYP
>Smyrna DE

John,

"Cheating" is probably not the correct term. I think this is one of those
"forgot to power down" mistakes. Usually WJCV is out of my nighttime picture
here in Grifton (NC) not far from WJCV.

Charles

   Charles A Taylor, WD4INP

  Greenville, North Carolina