[IRCA] Early a.m. listening

I was up late (again) last night so tried the band from 0100-0130 PDT.

I noted many many hets on the split frequencies.  Most only when I used
the LSB/USB filters but some, like 639, 828 etc were loud enough to be
heard without the filters.  No audio on any.  The vast majority were
received best when the Kiwa was pointed SW.  Which figures as there
should be a dark path to the South Seas whereas Northern Asia should
still be in the latter part of daylight.  738 was really loud on LSB
considering how close they are to KCBS-740.

Also noted KTCT-1050 local effectively wiping out 1040 & 1060 with their
IBOC.

The nasty buzz which had plagued me here for the past 2-3 years seems to
have dissapated considerably.  I still have a nasty blanket covering hum
noise when looping NW on the low end of the band (650-700).  Might be
caused by KNBR on 680?!?  However, I am very greatful to be able to once
again try to hear something without being buzzed to death.

I heard KFRC-610 ask listeners to listen to their station on the
internet.  I wonder how many 'main line' stations are trying to recover
lost 'skywave listeners' by going on-line?  Don't think I've heard any
thoughts on that on the list(s)...

Don K.
S.F. CA