[IRCA] TIS anomalies

I doubt that the FCC pays much attention to TIS stations, especially
considering that most of them are operated by government entities. In
Denver the Colorado DOT 40 watt ERP 'super TIS' on 530 has been out of
service for a number of weeks (actually months) due to the loss of it's
wire line control link. The State "temporarily" moved it's audio over to
the City and County of Denver TIS on 890, located at Coors Field,
pending replacement of the control link with a planned fiber optic link.
The 890 station is about 10 miles from the 530 station. For weeks the
State has just been running a continuos voice loop on the 890 station
announcing the call letters and transmitter location for the 530
station. In the mean time, baseball season is well under way and the TIS
for Coors Field has carried no information for that venue so far. So how
does Denver justify the need and expense for this station when they
aren't even using it? Even more ironic, the 890 station is located on a
paved parking lot at a low elevation behind Coors Field and has a poor
signal outside of the immediate area. I doubt if it can even be heard at
the 530 site. So both stations are totally useless and the 890 station
has been intentionally announcing the incorrect call letters for weeks.
I wonder if these two agencies sought FCC approval for this maneuver?

Patrick Griffith
on assignment in Frederick MD