Re: [IRCA] Grifton Daytime Bandscan #2

At 07:14 PM 7/2/2007 -0400, you wrote:
>Charlie,
>
>      Your daytime bandscan is very interesting.   Just like you were in the
>Navy on the west coast, I was in the Navy on the east  coast (Mayport, near
>Jacksonville, FL) in the 1970's, and remember many of
>those  stations.  Thanks
>for posting it.
>

>73,
>Gary

Thanks for the comments, Gary. All my Navy time was California or WESTPAC
(other than G. Lakes for school).

I was hoping my bandscan would spur some more interest, but apparently not.

Other than an object of curiosity, it seems to have been a bust. Probably
the last one I'll do.

What class ships were you on? I only did exactly one year aboard the old
aircraft carrier USS Hancock CV-19 (decommissioned and scrapped). Rest of
my time was Vietnam, Naval Communications Station Philippines, Naval
Amphibious Group One, and (of course) Recruit Training and Electronics
Technician School, Great Lakes, Illinois.

As a civilian employee, I was with Naval Avionics Center Indianapolis,
Naval Air Station Bermuda, Marine Corps Air Station Okinawa, Navy
Calibration Laboratory Naval Air Station Whidbey Island (Oak Harbor,
Washington).

Charles