Re: [IRCA] Compact Fluorescents

never be outlawed in the US (but might be taxed heavily to "encourage" the
use of CFLs), Russ Edmonds wrote:

*** Don't be so sure. It doesn't take a legislative move. Neither the
House nor Senate ever voted to take away analog television, but it's
going away just the same
---

Sorry, I can't agree with that conclusion either; it's a HUGE stretch to get
from analog TV to incandescent bulbs. Now, however, you MIGHT be able to
make the case that the FCC would outlaw HD Radio because the receivers
consume so much energy! R-i-i-i-ght!

--
Dan Strassberg, dan.strassberg@xxxxxxx
eFax 707-215-6367