Re: [IRCA] CFB (Compact Florescent Blubs)

--- Barry McLarnon <bdm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Such whining!
>
> I'm buying only CFBs these days, and I haven't seen noise issues with
> any,
> except for one of the early ones that was purchased 10+ years ago.
> The
> technology has improved greatly in recent years, so please give them
> a fair
> shake.
>
> I also have a low-flush toilet and a low-flow shower head, and have
> had no
> problems with either.
>
> In these troubled times, it behooves us all to practice conservation
> and to
> try and make a tiny difference, even if it involves the occasional
> small
> sacrifice or inconvenience.

*** If a new thing works well, creates some collateral improvement and
has minimal unwanted side effects, one should. But if not, then I'll
resist. An improvement should really be one.

If it is established that some CFB's do not create noise, and I know
which ones, I'd have no problem buying them. Thus far, however I find
that the low-flush toilets jam up more frequently because they have
less force. That still needs work. The shower heads seem to be fine.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id