Re: [IRCA] CFB (Compact Florescent Blubs)

At 10:52 AM 4/29/2007, you wrote:

>Such whining!
>
>I'm buying only CFBs these days, and I haven't seen noise issues with any,
>except for one of the early ones that was purchased 10+ years ago.  The
>technology has improved greatly in recent years, so please give them a fair
>shake.
>
>I also have a low-flush toilet and a low-flow shower head, and have had no
>problems with either.
>
>In these troubled times, it behooves us all to practice conservation and to
>try and make a tiny difference, even if it involves the occasional small
>sacrifice or inconvenience.
>
>Barry

Since I started this thread, maybe I'll add a comment.  A few years back my family stayed at the Papakea resort on Maui.  All the outdoor light fixtures had been "upgraded"...perhaps they were the Na vapor lights, or off-color CFBs (they had that orangey glow).  Man was the noise on AM and SW fierce, making reception of anything but AM impossible, and very disappointing as I've always loved dxing from Hawaii.  That's what worries me.  I'm sure there'll be many CFBs that are quiet, and some that are not...bottom line is to expect more, not less noise........Walt

Checked by AVG Free Edition.