Re: [IRCA] Re CHQB

Don,

Your CFTK 590 is a good one. In all my years of DXing up here along the
coast, I have only heard them once. One morning back in the 90s with
R/S. Those years I had the 2000 foot Northern beverage and I got several
I have never heard again, including Ft. Nelson BC on 590 with 250w. They
have moved to FM now. Also 610 Whitehorse, CKRW. 570 Whitehorse is heard
a time or two most Winters when cx are good, but 610 CKRW is tough.  As
far as KHAR 590 Anchorage, they are not common either. I have heard them
2 or 3 times in the past 40 years. 550 is more common. I lived in Seward
AK in the 60s when KHAR came on the air. Their signal was better in
Seward, 75 air miles away than 550 too.But the QRM on 590 is worse than
550 here. With the WNW EWE, Alaskans are easier for me than they used to
be. I wish I would have built a WNW EWE back 26 years ago when I built
the SW one.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin