[IRCA] CASSETTES AND SUCH

It is interesting reading about the dilemma those of us who have a
lifetime of DX audio stored on reel-to-reel and cassettes are in. I
have some really old reel-to-reel tapes which have disintegrated but
all of my DX stuff seems to be OK and is just sitting there waiting
to be transferred to the next available, and hopefully lasting,
medium. I am currently preoccupied right now with something else so
will attack this in the fall. Also on the agenda is editing 10,000
slides. (My son recommends getting an industrial strength scanner
into which you can feed 10 slides or so at a time and then reselling
it on E-Bay [or whatever]).

Meanwhile, I have a slew of 2-track stereo tapes which I recorded
during the early days of KPEN (now K-101), KFOG and WJIB. It is
unsatisfactory trying to play them on 4-track machines because you
lose all the highs on the left channel because of the mismatch. Does
anyone have a 2-track machine which is on the verge of being sold? I
have spent some time on E-Bay looking but one wastes a lot of time
because when the machines are identified as stereo, the sellers don't
always bother telling you if it is 2- or 4-track.

Pete Taylor
Tacoma, WA
12225w 4719n
ICF2010 + Kiwa air core loop