Re: [IRCA] Another perspective on AM IBOC, from the     broadcasters' mailing list

Re: [IRCA] Another perspective on AM IBOC, from the     broadcasters' mailing list

Keith & Kevin,

Comments would  not have made any difference. The FCC has to ask for
them. That is in the rules. Like so many things, they had made up their
minds long before anyway. Second, with maybe 1,000 MW DXers in the US
(If that many), we don't count. We don't count as listeners, as in most
cases we are not listening to that station as a local. There are many
reasons. Like Keith said, this would have happened anyway. If they want
IBOC, they are going to get IBOC. The only way this will end, if it is
not supported by the sale of the radios and interference complaints from
other stations. As I have said before, the NAB gets what they want,
like so many other things our government does.

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager