[IRCA] Another perspective on AM IBOC

Keith

This is where I am. The train has left the station. I figure that
there were some who had a similar situation when the FCC wanted to
move FM from the 45 MHz band to the current location. Once it started
on the way to being moved, it wasn't going to stop. Those who had old
Armstrong band radios had to get one that got the new band if they
wanted to hear FM.

Total digital is inevitable. If it was ever going to be stopped, it
would have been during the commenting period and it would have taken
a monstrous number of comments to stop it.

*IF* people still listen to radio, they sure aren't DXers and if they
somehow wander on to the AM band, and they hear AM that sounds ok and
has no static, they actually might like it. Who knows if MW IBOC will
DX? We do know that digital radio is not so affected by your TV with
the noisy power supply, the guy behind your house with an arc welder,
or even dimmer switches and touch lamps.

People, the average ones, they will like it because there is no
static. They only will listen though if the programming is good.
Nothing can fix that with a digital signal.

I complained about it to the FCC long and hard, but the train is
gone. Digital is here. We aren't going to change it.

Kevin