Re: [IRCA] (no subject)

Frank,

It is much worse than that now. Dish cannot sell any out of market
station other than the approved few super stations. Even if I got
permission to sub to another market Dish could not sell it to me, nor
could Direct TV now. Direct does approve a few situations, but you have
to live out in the middle of nowhere out of any DMA, really a white
area. I find ways around it and many people do by having a big dish,
subbing to Canadian TV through a broker, having a different address, a
second home, etc. But for most people you are stuck with your local
market or close by local market. The radio industry wants to do the same
thing.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin