[IRCA] (no subject)

What Pat is referring to is the SHVA Law, _http://www.fcc.gov/mb/shva/_
(http://www.fcc.gov/mb/shva/) , what is  means if you have  sat. TV as a service
provider, before you can get  anther out of market network station you must get
permission (waiver) from your  local network station.  It used to be you could
apply no matter what the  situation but the law was amended in that if your
locals are available on your  sat. provider then you are not even allowed to
submit a waiver anymore.

Cable has had several court cased that have set some rulings which  that have
been followed now for several years. The first major case I  was aware of was
in 1977 KTVZ ch. 21 came on the air in Bend Oregon.   They were the primary
NBC station for the area.  They took the Bend Cable  Co. to court as they would
not blackout the NBC stations from Portland and  Eugene.  It ended up in
Federal Court in Portland and the Judge ruled in  favor of KTVZ.  Judge Panner
ruled on the case, I  got to talk to him  about it  in Portland around  1979.

73

Frank N7SOK
Boise

NRC/WTFDA CONVENTION 2007