[IRCA] XEGF 740 VE info...etc etc

Slightly AU early on tonite and lots of Mexicans on the low end of the band
here in Barrington IL with two news ones logged.

I spent more time on 740 with CHWO phased out and managed to pin down my
strong unID from last AU as XEGF. They play a mix of newer SS AC and some
dance club type mx (although not too wild) and ID as "Siete-Cuarenta" with a
slight pause "Radio" and also have Siete Cuarenta ments. Power was announced
as 5 KW and it had ads for Gutierrez Zamora and a couple for Poza Rica. Also
I've listened to this for at least an hour over 3 different days and there's
no trace of the listed R. Fiesta slogan so change your logs to reflect that
as well as the power increase. Time tonite was from 0053-56 GMT. There was
only a trace of KRMG in.

Also new tonite was on 1060 when XETF faded atop pesty pesty XEEP and oldies
cheat WQMV (KYW easily phased out) with a nice long promo for Radio Formula
Veracruz 0113-5. One would think this a strange freq for a stn in Veracruz
since XEEP must hammer them at night.

I am using my 35 deg. TA Phased BOGs off the back end unterminated, and
being rather short, 341 ft vs 214 ft, this is quite useful until I get up
towards the upper quarter of the BCB. I seem to have a pipeline towards
eastern Mexico and I think there's quite a few more in VE that I can catch
as several possibilities have gotten away from me.

Another interesting Mexican that is new this season and was again decent is
XEVX 570 from Tabasco mixing with Cuba's Reloj with a nice La Grande de
Tabasco and call ID 0033. 590 had a 3 way mix of Cuba's cl mx, XEFD La
Consentida (Nortena) and XEPH. 610 had a strong Sabinas with many ads after
mx. Mexicans on many other lower channels as well.

73 KAZ 55 km NW of Chicago's Loop