Re: [IRCA] 590 Test

Gil,

My info comes mostly from other FL DXers and what I can hear myself.

About the only thing less accurate regarding Cuban AM's than their
own web sites, would be the FCC listing of Cubans.

For some reason the URL you mention doesn't work for me, but I found
what it referred to by going through the base address.  What can I
say, like web sites everywhere it seems to be wrong.  There may be
reasons 590 is excluded, with Cuba there is no way to tell.

As I understand it, the FCC database is derived from what has been
officially registered by Cuba with international agencies.  No one
questions the lack of that cooperation.  The least useful info
resource on Cuban AMs is likely the FCC database.

WRTH does about as well as could be expected, given the lack of
information flowing out of the country.  It is always a good starting
place for frequencies and likely locations.  DFing efforts have
confirmed some frequencies and locations, not others.  Call signs
mean little in Cuba now, so those are rather irrelevant as listed in
WRTH.  The transmitter power numbers, again, are as good as could be
expected, but moving transmitters around on frequencies to counter
perceived foreign intervention in internal affairs is a common
practice of the communist regime there.  Similarly network
affiliations are transient in nature, changing without any notice,
just as everything else does in the country.  Many stations do keep
pretty much to the same network, though.

For now 590 has Radio Musical, at least most of the time.

Just my opinions, hope it helps a little.

Curt
-------
W. Curt Deegan
Boca Raton, (southeast) Florida