[IRCA] The real deal on 1610

>From Kent Winrich, kwinrich@xxxxxxxxx

OK folks, here is what I can give you on the 1610
signal.

First of all it is a legit and approved signal.  It is
for antenna
testing
and is running 10kW on the East Coast.  It is strictly
a 1kHz tone.
There
will be nothing else transmitted.  So you dont need to
look for any
FSK.

The 1610 signal is now off the air, but there is more
fun to be had.

Starting this morning (Friday) at 0900 (EST) the
antenna testing will
resume
on 1020 and will run until 0700 Sunday morning.  The
1020 signal will
be
shut down Sunday at 0700.

Tuesday look for the signal on 590 at 0900 (EST) and
run until 0700
Friday.
Friday will finish the antenna testing.

We would be most interested in any FIM readings you
get including
location,
date, and time.  If you dont have a FIM, an RS(T)
report would be
great.
Again include date, time, location and a general
report.  Any audio
reports
would be fun (heck I am a DXer after all)

If you have any readings from the 1610 signal, please
feel free to
forward
them to me.

I took a reading at Fayetteville, NC yesterday at 1300
EST and got a
700uV.

Kent Winrich

NNNN!